Good Morning Foodies, today Tuesday 20th September marks National Rum Punch Day.
Today's celebration is for enjoying rum punch!
Rum punch is a age old recipe that dates way back. So on National Rum Punch Day; why not have yourself a punch party and try a bowl of rum punch between friends.September starts the holiday season so make sure you keep these recipes in the back of your mind.
Here are today’s five thing to know about Rum:
- Rum was manufactured, distilled, and made long before any other spirit. It’s history is a vast one filled with stories, and fables. It was the first branded spirit made.
- Rations of rum were given to sailors in the British Army to be mixed with lime juice because it fought off the scurvy.
- When wealthy titles were given to parsons, they were thanked with a glass of rum.
- In Australia, the rum hospital can recognize rum as it as its chief contributor of revenues that were generated via the rum exports they were known for.
- Triangular trade was introduced as slaves were traded for rum, sugars, and other items that were all carrying missionaries- this was known as ‘rum and bible.’ source-foodimentary.com