Onion Rings Recipe

by - Sunday, March 27, 2016


Check the video out here:-

I never really get to make onion rings at home; the only time I really eat them is when I go to a restaurant. One of my besties shared this recipe with me so I thought I'll share with my lovely readers :-)

Ingredients:-

1 white onion
50g of plain flour
1 tbsp of baking powder
half a teaspoon of paprika
salt n black pepper to taste
half a litre of very cold sparkling water
50g of golden breadcrumbs
Vegetable or Olive oil- enough to use for deep frying

Method:-

Peel and slice the onion to about 1cm thick, separate them into rings and remove the top layer; place them in salted water for about 20 minutes.

Once done, in a mixing bowl add the flour, salt, black pepper, paprika, water(this needs to be very cold and fizzy) you need the fizz to make the flour mix more absorbable. Now mix well until nice and smooth.

Now towel dry the onion from the salted water and place in the flour mix by making sure the flour mix covers the onion. Now place the breadcrumbs into a plate and place each onion into the breadcrumbs by covering each onion with the breadcrumbs.

Preheat your oil and place each onion into your frying pan; fry for about 2 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.. Easy peasy right :-)

Look how crispy and golden it looks..





You May Also Like

0 comments