Apple Pastries -Recipe

by - Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Here's my super amazing, super easy recipe for Apple Pastry. 

I made these over the Easter weekend as I had lots of friends come round to mine. I had a great time making these. 

Now I've been using Puff Pastry alot lately, simply because its just so convenient and I don't have to go through the hassle of making pastry from scratch; also as I had lots of mouths to feed, it came in super handy. (don't judge me lol).

Hope you enjoy..xx

Ingredients:- 
1 Block of ready Made Puff Pastry
2 large cooking apples (I used green apples)
Granulated sugar to taste (any amount, but don't be too generous)
1 beaten egg for glazing

Prep time:- 25 minutes 
Cooking Temperature 180°

Method:- 
Peel and slice apples and cook with a small amount of water and sugar to taste. The apples should be under cooked. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, once done allow the apples to cool.

As I made 16 pieces, I rolled the pastry into an oblong shape and marked 16 equal portions.

On eight of the pieces, place some of the cold apple on one side and then fold the other pieces of pastry in half and cut 3 slats in the pastry avoiding the edges as shown below.

As you can see in this pic, I used one half of the pastry to cover the other half, so the remaining 8 pieces goes on the top of the first 8.


Brush the edges of the pastry (oblongs with the apples on) with the beaten egg, unfold the other pieces of pastry and place on top of the apples as seen above.

Seal the edges well and knock up the edges of the pastry then brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sugar before baking in the oven at 180°c for 20 minutes until golden brown.

Yep its that EASY :-)

If you do like this recipe, please leave me a comment below. Thanks for reading :-)





You May Also Like

0 comments