6 Microwave Cheats to Make Your Life Easier..

by - Sunday, February 21, 2016

Happy Sunday Foodies, I hope you've had a great weekend so far? The weekend seems to go by so quickly, do you ever feel like there isn't enough hours in a day? If you do, then we're in the same boat.

OK so moving on, I saw the below online & thought to share with my readers! If you're one of those Lazy buggers who just can't sit waiting around for food to get done on the cooker, then take a look through this collection of microwave-friendly cheats I found online. Trust me they save you a hell lot of time.

- Poach an Egg- Make the perfect poached eggs in 50 seconds with this microwave method. Start by pouring boiling water from the kettle into a microwave-safe bowl until 3/4 of the way full. At this point, it’s a good idea to add a dash of white vinegar – this will keep the egg white together. Crack the egg into the bowl and lightly pierce the yolk with a toothpick (this will stop it exploding). Cover the bowl with cling film and microwave on full power for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and very gently turn the egg (for even cooking). Cover with cling film again and cook on full power for a further 20 seconds. Remember the egg will continue to cook in the hot water so remove it quickly!

image source-food.com

-Soften Ice-Cream- If you ever have the urgency to dig in to a tub of ice cream but hate waiting for it to soften? Pop the tub in the microwave and zap on high power in 10 second bursts, checking it each time until soft. It should take around 30 seconds per litre. Scoop into bowls – or if you can’t wait, grab a spoon and eat it straight from the tub. lol...This is probably one of my most favourite things to do in the microwave as it makes life very easy for me.

source-wisegeek

Soak Beans- OK I actually didn't know you could do this. This sounds amazing and I cannot wait to try. I find soaking beans overnight to soften very very annoying and tasking. If you're an impatient Foodie like me, then its worth giving this a try.
To soak dried beans, place the beans in a microwave-safe bowl, add a pinch of bicarbonate of soda and cover with water until they’re totally submerged. Microwave on high power for 10 minutes, and then allow to rest for 30-40 minutes and hopefully should be very soft.


-Bring Crystallised Honey Back to Life- I have started using honey in my tea as I'm cutting down on sugar. I opened my food cupboard the other day and found my honey that had been sitting there for almost a year. I didn't know hoe to bring it back to life. Now this explains it all :-)
Remove the lid of your glass jar and any metal. Microwave on medium power for 50 seconds and stir in a teaspoon of lemon juice. Be careful as it will be really hot.
source-buzzaboutbees.net


Get more squeeze out of Lemon, Orange & LimeZap a whole lemon or lime on high power for 20-30 seconds to make it super juicy and easy to squeeze.

-Microwave Crisps- My daughter loves crisps and I find that most crisps contain alot of fats & oils which isn't really good for her being just 8 months old. Now this method is worth a try at your own risk lol. I will definately give it a try as you don't need oil, all you need to make crisps in your microwave is a potato – and a few bits of equipment; here’s how. Slice your potato as thinly as possible using a mandolin, wash in cold water until the water runs clear and dry the slices completely using kitchen towel. Arrange the potato slices on a kitchen towel-lined microwavable plate, ensuring the slices don’t touch (or you risk them sticking together!) Microwave on full power for two to three minutes, remove from the microwave and turn the potato slices over. Cook again for another 3 minutes. Any remaining under-cooked slices can be returned to the microwave to crisp up a bit more if necessary. Repeat with the remaining potato slices. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
source-foodnetwork

You May Also Like

0 comments