H&M stores in South Africa destroyed over Racist Hoodie!!!

by - Monday, January 15, 2018


Whilst I try to keep all my social platforms as unbiased as possible, there has been a number of breaking news regarding the whole "H&M racial saga" with an innocent young boy of colour.

Now it breaks my heart to see justice been served through violent means.

It has been reported that all H&M stores have been shut down due to protesters trashing stores in South Africa.

According to the BBC, South African police have used rubber bullets to disperse a mob trashing H&M stores in and around Johannesburg (South Africa's biggest city) after the brand used a controversial picture of a black male child wearing a green hoodie with the term "Coolest Monkey in the Jungle" written on it as shown below, with a picture of another male caucasian model wearing a similar hoodie with the term "Mangrove Jungle, Survival Expert"



Now we all know the issue with caucasians or people not of colour using the term "Monkey" around a person of colour; this has now become a very big issue with people taking matters to another level.

H&M has since apologised several days ago for the image, which ran on its website.


The retailer withdrew both the product and the image after it sparked outrage and allegations of racism on social media.

"We're deeply sorry that the picture was taken, and we also regret the actual print," it said in a statement.

Celebrities such as "The Weekend & G-Eazy" have both withdrawn partnership with the bran over this issue.

Video footage showed activists trashing displays, kicking over clothes rails and shoving mannequins.

South African Police (SAPS) also tweeted about the vandalism, writing: "Several incidents of protests at H&M stores around the province have been reported.
"At the East Rand Mall the protesters managed to enter the shop & stole several items. #SAPS members had to intervene and dispersed the group of protesters by firing rubber bullets."
EFF leader Julius Malema defended the rampage, saying: "We make no apology about what the fighters did today." 
"We are not going to allow anyone to use the colour of our skin to humiliate us, to exclude us," he added.- (source- bbc.co.uk)

The below images were taken from the bbc website.

While consumers in several countries had called for a boycott of H&M as the picture went viral, the mother of the child model has said that she did not find it offensive.
She said the hoodie was "one of hundreds of outfits my son has modelled", and urged people to "stop crying wolf all the time".
Addressing the EFF store takeovers, she tweeted that "apartheid and racism [have] corrupted some so much that this is thought to be reasonable in response to a hoodie with the word "monkey" on it".
More than one celebrity has cut their ties with H&M over the hoodie row.
Singer The Weeknd, who had collaborated with the company, said the advert made him feel "shocked and embarrassed".
He was joined by rapper G-Eazy, who had been due to bring out a clothing line with H&M in March.
"I can't allow for my name and brand to be associated with a company that could let this happen," the musician said.
"I hope that this situation will serve as the wake up call that H&M and other companies need to get on track and become racially and culturally aware, as well as more diverse at every level." bbc.co.uk

What's your take on the above, comment below lets here it, but please note that any racial/prejudice comments will be deleted automatically, this blog does not condone such activity. Thanks for understanding.
Sai- Blog owner



You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Undeniably great home business is normally intrigued by this approach write-up.... the one who generate which usually write-up she / he is a marvelous most people.. enjoy african shopping it suitable propagated which usually around. Document found which usually important additionally advantageous website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I had relationship struggles in the past which led to the divorce with my first husband. After i and my ex husband got divorced, i had another chance to re-marry again and just 3 years of my second marriage there was another divorce which almost killed me emotionally. I stayed for another two years been unmarried and a single mother. Honestly I wasn't really happy, there was a time i saw my first husbands photo and i realized how much i loved him and have missed him. I tried to get to him but i was told that he moved to Canada and i may never see him again. I wept bitterly that night thinking i have lost the man that i have had so much love for. I asked for advise on what to do and a friend of mine Told me About Dr Okaya . i consulted him and to his very best with his powerful spells he helped me with a love spell and returned my ex husband back to me in 48Hours . I am now happily living with my first husband and we are married again. DR OKAYA, You are a man of your word. Thanks and i appreciate all the help you have rendered to get my ex husband back into my life again. I am begging who so ever that is facing this similar problem to contact this powerful spell caster on OKAYASPELLHELP@GMAIL.COM OR PHONE/WHATS APP : +27814506790

      Delete