- Cereal- Probably the one you think is high in sugar is incredibly higher in salt than it is in sugar.
- Bread- A slice of bread contains the same amount of salt as a packet of crisps which is shocking
- Cheddar Cheese- Cheeses already contain a high level of fats and proteins, however it is found that a serving contains more salt per serving than a packet of crisp.
- Stock Cubes- Probably a culprit with this as I use stock cubes with mostly all my traditional cooking :-( You'd think its a flavour enhancer and should not contain salt; well they do contain as much as 50% salt.
- Tinned Soup- Supposed to be a very healthy lunch option, however a can of soup contains as much salt as a slice of pizza or even more.
Now here are tips on how to reduce the intake of salt or the above foods generally:-