Back with my National Food days again in this New Year :-)
Today 4th January is National Spaghetti day
- The word spaghetti is the plural form of an Italian word “spaghetto” meaning “thin string” or “twine.
- Pasta existed for thousands of years before anyone ever thought to put tomato sauce on it
- Italians never use a spoon and a fork when eating spaghetti.
- The average person in Italy eats more than 51 pounds of pasta every year.
- The world record for the largest bowl of spaghetti was set in March 2010 when the California restaurant Buca di Beppo successfully filled a swimming pool with more than 13,780 pounds of pasta.- source- Foodimentary.com
I'm not really a fan of Spaghetti but I'll celebrate today by eating a bowl full lol :-)