World Egg Day is a unique opportunity to help raise awareness of the benefits of eggs and is celebrated in countries all around the world.World Egg Day was established at the IEC Vienna 1996 conference when it was decided to celebrate World Egg Day on the second Friday in October each year.
For centuries, eggs have played a major role in feeding families around the globe. They are an unbeatable package when it comes to versatility and top-quality protein at a very affordable price. And they are also an excellent source of choline, essential in memory and brain development. When you factor in convenience and terrific taste, there is just no competition.
Eggs are one of nature's highest quality sources of protein, and indeed contain many of the key ingredients for life. The proteins contained within eggs are highly important in the development of the brain and muscles, have a key role to play in disease prevention and contribute to wellbeing in latter life, particularly in relation to eyesight (avoiding macular degeneration).:-
Peoples across the globe celebrate this day by making variety of egg dishes and recipes
Benefits of Eggs:-
Eggs are among the few foods that can be classified as a “superfood.”They are loaded with nutrients, some of which are rare in the modern diet.Here are 10 health benefits of eggs that have been confirmed in human studies.
- Eggs Are Incredibly Nutritious. Eggs are among the most nutritious foods on the planet.A whole egg contains all the nutrients required to turn a single cell into a baby chicken.
- Eggs Are High in Cholesterol, But They Don’t Adversely Affect Blood Cholesterol
- Eggs Raise HDL (The “Good”) Cholesterol
- Eggs Contain Choline – an Important Nutrient That Most People Don’t Get Enough of
- Eggs Turn LDL Cholesterol From Small, Dense to Large, Linked to a Reduced Risk of Heart Disease
- Eggs Contain Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Antioxidants That Have Major Benefits For Eye Health
- In the Case of Omega-3 or Pastured Eggs, They Lower Triglycerides as Well
- Eggs Are High in Quality Protein, With All The Essential Amino Acids in The Right Ratios
- Eggs do NOT Raise Your Risk of Heart Disease and May Reduce The Risk of Stroke
- Eggs Are Highly Fulfilling and Tend to Make You Eat Fewer Calories, Helping You to Lose Weight