Rasberry Roulade- Recipe

by - Thursday, March 24, 2016

I really enjoyed making this Dessert; as much as I'm not much of a baker, I had so much fun making it with some colleagues and I've found a new love in Baking.

I cheated a little bit by using a Swiss roll :-( but it still tasted amazing.

I'm also sharing my fab recipe with my lovely readers :-)


Ingredients:-

75g of Plain Flour
Pinch of salt
3 eggs
75g of caster sugar
1 tbsp vanilla essence for filling
2 tbsp lemon curd
300ml Double cream
250g Raspberries
Icing sugar to dust

Prep time:- 25 minutes



Method:- Carefully line a Swiss Roll tin, place the eggs & sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until mixture is light & fluffy and holds its shape. Now add 1 tbsp warm water & vanilla essence and fold in carefully. Sift half of the plain flour, using a metal spoon, carefully fold in the flour then

add the remaining flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a

spatula. Bake for 12 14 minutes . Sponge should feel firm to the touch. Turn on to grease proof paper and carefully roll like a Swiss roll and allow

to cool down.

Whip cream until thick and mix in the lemon curd, unroll the Swiss Roll and spread the lemon curd cream over the sponge leaving a 1cm margin . Sprinkle over the raspberries

Now using the grease proof paper re-roll and carefully place on serving plate. Finally dust with icing sugar.
















You May Also Like

0 comments