Happy Weekend- Sunday Rice

by - Sunday, January 17, 2016



Hey Foodies,

I've had suc a busy weekend shopping and hosting, I feel like I had no time for myself; but I certainly had so much time to do alot of cooking.

Part of the cooking I did is the traditional "Sunday Rice". Now if your background is of Afro-Caribbean, this will sound familiar to you. I don't think there's any Afro-Caribbean household that do not have Sunday rice for Sunday Lunch/Dinner.

I made this Buka Stew with Easy cook Basmati Rice.

I don't have alot of pictures for it, but here's a quick short recipe.

Ingredients

2 tin of Plum tomatoes or Fresh tomatoes
1 red onion
1 scotch bonnet (depending on your level of spice, add more if you wish)
2 red bell peppers
Salt to taste
2 stock cubes
a teaspoon of all purpose seasoning
200ml of vegetable, olive or sunflower oil
Grilled assorted meats




Method

Blend all the tomatoes, onion, scotch bonnet and bell pepper until near fine; pou it in a pot/saucepan and leave to cook for about 30 minutes or until the liquid is completely dry. Whilst this is boiling, place the oil in a separate pan and let it fry for about 20 minutes on low heat.
Now add the oil to the blended mixture, (take care as this will get really really hot).
Add all your seasonings and stir, now add your assorted meat, chicken, turkey or whatever you prefer and leave to steam for a further 10 minutes.
Trust me the taste is divine :-)

I served mine with some Easy Cook Basmati Rice and Plantain :-)





You May Also Like

0 comments