Iceland Foods Event- #PowerofFrozen

by - Saturday, September 19, 2015

Hey Foodies, hope you're having a good weekend so far?

I was privileged enough to be invited to Iceland Foods Power of Frozen event that took place on the 17th September at The Aveqia in St Paul's central London. It was an impromptu invite and I'm so glad I was able to attend as I not just met the MD of Iceland Foods Nick Canning, I also got to interview him & his team. (I'll be posting this on my youtube page shortly- www.youtube.com/saioladeji)

The event was held in The Aveqia's luxurious Kitchen/meeting room where Food bloggers like myself were able to part take in fun activities, competitions and also got to taste some of celebrity chef Richard McGeown's frozen to fresh dishes. I particularly loved the Souffle..

Iceland introduced this campaign in April of this year and they promote many reasons to love frozen food such as:-

  • You throw less away- 7 in 10 households throw away up to 20 items of fresh or chilled food every month
  • It helps the environment- 47% less food is wasted in family homes when eating frozen food versus similar meals using fresh ingredients
  • It can help keep you healthy- Modern freezing methods retain quality and nutritional benefits, sealing in the fresh flavours
  • It's easy and safe to cook- Freezing food could reduce many harmful microbes, which cause food poisoning
  • It never goes out of season- With frozen food, you're never restricted to what's fresh today- you have variety all year round.
  • It can save you money- Eating more frozen food could halve waste and save families up to £250 a year


Here are a few pictures I took at the event.








You May Also Like

0 comments